Thursday, August 5, 2010

Breaking thread... not fun!

The free motion quilting has been going really well until my thread started breaking.... and not just once or twice but about 2 seconds after I would get started up again it would break again.  Needless to say I was very frustrated and had to walk away and take a break.  I have been doing a lot of reading on the internet trying to find other people's opinions on machine quilting thread and discovered that many out there have had the same experience that I have had with the particular brand of thread that I was using.  I found a lot of great suggestions and I am in the process of trying one out, Gutermann, and so far it has been working great, not a single break yet.  I only have a little more to quilt but at the moment I am letting my machine have a break to cool down.  Hopefully here soon I can post some pics so you can see how it looks... it's not perfect by no means, but I think it isn't too bad for my very first FMQ experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment